Welcome to the Daily Stoic
Sign up right now and over the next 7 days you will receive the following free bonuses to help you better understand Stoicism, an ancient philosophy used by everyone from George Washington to the New England Patriots a source of much needed strength and stamina for their challenging lives. This highly curated 7-Day Guide will expand your knowledge and provide actionable tools and ideas to make you stronger, more resilient and happier. You will get an introduction to Stoicism, curated list of resources, Stoic exercises, interviews, a guide to help you through adversity as well as a free chapter from the runaway bestseller The Obstacle is The Way by Ryan Holiday.
Enter your email address to collect your bonuses
We don't spam
Here's what you'll get
- Introduction to Stoicism — Our first email gives you a brief introduction to Stoicism. What does it stand for? Who were the famous practitioners? Why should you study it? It concludes with this great quote from Thoreau: “To be a philosopher is not merely to have subtle thoughts, nor even to found a school…it is to solve some of the problems of life not only theoretically, but practically.” If you’re concerned this might get too academic or dry, don’t worry. Thoreau’s quote should be clear about what our aim is.
- Resources on Stoicism — If you’re here it is probably because you also want to learn more and grow your understanding of this ancient philosophy. This bonus provides you exactly with that with what we consider some of the best resources out there: books, articles, essays, blogs. We got you covered.
- Exercise: The Morning Ritual — Stoicism is a practice and it can provide you with specific exercises and tools to help you navigate your day-to-day life—both through the upsides and downsides that life throws at you. This short Stoic exercise will help you start the day right and you will be able to better face what comes your way.
- Exercise: Day in Review — Paired with the previous exercise, this is another Stoic exercise to look back at the day. The morning begins with questions and preparation. The evening concludes with reflection and analysis about how it all went. It’s a loop that, over a lifetime, makes us strong and resilient. Sign up now to learn more.
- The 7 Steps Guide to Controlling Your Perceptions Like a Stoic — The obstacles that come in our way make us emotional. This guide will help you navigate adversity and failure by controlling your emotions and your perceptions of the situation. It is the first part in tackling the problem in front of us—remaining coolheaded and objective. This guide will provide you with helpful instructions to achieve that.
- Interviews with Gregory Hays & Massimo Pigliucci —The focus here is more academic. It contains interviews with two leading scholars on Stoicism. The first is with Gregory Hays, responsible for a fantastic translation of Marcus Aurelius’s Meditations and the second is with professor Massimo Pigliucci who wrote a widely read article on Stoicism for the New York Times and is currently running a blog on how to be a Stoic.
- Chapter from The Obstacle is The Way —As a conclusion, you will receive a chapter from The Obstacle is The Way by Ryan Holiday. If you’re not familiar, the book itself shows how some of the most successful people in history—from John D. Rockefeller to Amelia Earhart to Ulysses S. Grant to Steve Jobs—have applied stoicism to overcome difficult or even impossible situations. Their embrace of these principles ultimately mattered more than their natural intelligence, talents, or luck.
So what are You waiting for?
Start getting the 7 days of bonuses now