The Daily Stoic Podcast
The Daily Stoic podcast is a weekly podcast hosted and recorded by bestselling author Ryan Holiday. Guests have included global pop star Camila Cabello, Academy-Award winning actor Matthew McConaughey, #1 New York Times bestselling author Tim Ferriss, three time Olympian Dominique Dawes, best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell, former NASCAR champion Danica Patrick, radio host Charlamagne Tha God, former Navy SEAL Jocko Willink, Congressman Dan Crenshaw, and dozens more.
This role will aid in the production of the Daily Stoic and Daily Dad podcasts. This will include audio engineering, production management, and episode scheduling. You will be producing a podcast that has been downloaded over 70 million times and has listeners all over the world.
The Daily Stoic Podcast includes daily meditations, longform interviews with high-profile guests, and varied weekend content. The Daily Dad Podcast includes daily meditations and longform content. Each week, there are a total of 7 episodes for Daily Stoic and 6 episodes for Daily Dad.
Specific duties would include:
- Clean up audio, add intro, transition, ads, and outro music
- Manage each episode’s editing, recording and distribution
- Write podcast descriptions for each episode
- Label files within DropBox
- Research and schedule guests to join the podcast
- Prep the host and guest before a podcast recording
- Prepare questions prior to an interview
- Monitor each episode’s analytics and metrics
- Suggest new ideas to expand the podcast’s current reach
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong interest and familiarity with Stoicism specifically and philosophy generally
- Has an instinct for natural dialogue editing and pacing
- Has some experience working with podcasts, and eager to learn more
- Has experience working remotely and with a remote team in different time zones
- Loves podcasts, and is familiar with other shows in similar categories
- Lives in Austin, TX or is willing to come to Austin for team events
To apply, please send a cover letter and some examples of relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email put “Podcast Assistant” in the subject line. All other emails will be ignored. Application deadline is January 27, 2022.